Der Amerikanische Urlauber

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Wikitravel: Jamaica

I really had a fantastic time editing the Wikitravel pages. As I mentioned before, I lived in Jamaica for several months when I was a child, so I had significant knowledge to give on Jamaica in particular, to choose just one of many islands I could comment on.

In fact, I got really into writing, and I wrote a LOT. You can find the Jamaica page here. There pretty much was nothing there before I got there. It's easy to discern from overall writing style which are my contributions and which aren't, however I'll list them here so you know where to look:

  • Added detail to description of Jamaica
  • Added the 14 parishes
  • Wrote all the city descriptions: Kingston, Montego Bay, Negril, Ocho Rios, Port Antonio
  • added a resort to Hotels and Resorts (Sandals and Beaches resorts)
  • Wrote the sections "By Plane" and "By Car" under "Get In"
  • Stay Safe
  • Stay Healthy
  • Respect

It really was fun, and I hope people can benefit from my advice. I could have written even more, but I'm exhausted and I think I made quite a substantial contribution for the day! If you have any contibutions you would like to make yourself, the site is http://wikitravel.org/en/Main_Page and just search under the Continent in which your country or city is located. It's actually kind of fulfilling...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home