Der Amerikanische Urlauber

Monday, May 23, 2005

Arrivederci!


Ciao Italia! Posted by Hello

Well, the day is finally here... I can't believe it. I thought that the above picture was just perfect for the occasion, don't you? It even features Provincia Liguria!

So in less than 12 hours I'm going to be at Tampa International Airport. My first flight leaves at 3:15; my flight from Newark to Rome leaves at 10:10 PM; so all told, by the time we get out of Fiumicino tomorrow, I'll have been in transit for nearly an entire day.

I have a lot of thoughts running through my head right now. My problem is I think too much; I'm worried about losing my luggage, how the other people going will be, what I'm going to do while there; I need to just really sit back and enjoy the experience. I'm as prepared as I can get!

Speaking of which... after finally getting through the adventure of packing this evening (which Marcel can attest to) I really would love to know how this chaperone of mine can claim to travel for ten days with just a carry on and her purse. I don't know what she's brining, but I brought all the necessities, nothing frivolous whatsoever, and my 26" suitcase and my carry on are both packed to capacity. (I would have brought my 30" but they restricted it to 29" for the buses/trains/whatever the heck we're taking) She must be bringing like a couple of things and plans to wash them out in the sink... That's all nice and everything, but I don't know who you're impressing saying you just take a carry on for a trip that lasts a week and a half.

I'm so excited to utilize my Italian; I'm absolutely amazed at the amount of progress I made in the language in the two months since I took it up in mid-March. I was able to have an entire conversation completely in Italian online today that lasted well over an hour. Speaking is totally different of course, but then I don't plan on having hour long conversations in Italian after only studying it two months!

I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping all goes well with my cell phone blogging. I called and got a one-month international roaming package for $5.99 from Cingular today, so instead of me being charged $2 a minute to roam in Europe, it's only going to be $0.39. Which is good to know, because sometimes tracking a pay phone is very inconvienent. So hopefully I get a signal and can get this up from wherever I happen to be! Well, you'll all see tomorrow when I try from Rome!

Thanks so much to everyone that has given me such great advice about this trip. I greatly appreciate it.

So for now, ciao a tutti, ed a presto!

Ha, how about that, now I finally am ein amerikanische Urlauber!


3 Comments:

  • At 6:27 AM, May 23, 2005, Blogger The Yankee said…

    Have a great time. I am off to San Francisco this morning but i will be watching!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger KissMyA$$ said…

    Awesome i live an hour and a half away from San Fran!!!!
    And dont think to much loosing ur luggage well it depends on if u know what ur bags looking like have something on them to know what bag is really ur's in case people have the same one as u and if u have something special in one of the bags, then make that bag ur one carry on bag, Have fun......

     
  • At 5:46 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger PTA Mom said…

    Have a wonderful time in Italy. I know that you will!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home