Der Amerikanische Urlauber

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Let's Get Organized...


Wish mine looked like this... Posted by Hello

Did you ever have a bright idea to get to work on something right away, not quite realizing the scale of the task at hand... until several hours later you realize you're only halfway done?

I consider myself a really organized person and a neat freak. But I also seem to develop some form of nostalgia for any piece of junk that I hold onto for too long, and I tend to keep it. So I hate clutter, yet at the same time I collect too much crap. So this equals nicely organized garbage, basically.

I wound up having to go on a fairly sized shopping spree for this trip to Italy. I realized, out of my entire closet, I had four t-shirts, two collared shirts, and a pair of khaki shorts. All my other good clothes are for winter. So this meant big shopping time. But then I had to make room for this stuff in advance.

I can't believe I felt sentimental toward an ugly and dusty shirt that sat in the abyss of the farthest corner of my closet for five years now. So I figured the quicker I put it in the bag the better. So now that I get all that stuff taken care of... my closet is incredibly empty.

I'm getting really impatient about this trip itinerary thing. I've never seen before a person say it'll be out by the end of the first week of the month, and now, 5 days from departure, we still don't have it. I don't like to complain, because I'm pretty much going to Italy gratis, but I don't like not knowing where I'm even going to be sleeping 5 days before I get there, and how we're getting there. And I feel like such a nag having had to email her finally this past Sunday evening asking the woman in charge where it is. But it just seems kind of unorganized to me. This woman is going to love me... she's our group's chaperone and she must be thrilled at the prospect of Mr. Details here being around for ten straight days... But it's her fault, don't guarantee something and then not bother to even update everyone.

Aside from that, I'm quite excited!

Back to tackling the closet...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:01 AM, May 18, 2005, Anonymous Kim said…

    Oh yes, I remember that any time I had to clean out my room it took me forever.Also because then I would run into old books or magazines andi would start reading them while I should be cleaning out. A mess!
    Through the years I got better at these things. i throw away everything! To the great disaproval of some people sometimes ;)

     
  • At 4:01 AM, May 18, 2005, Anonymous Kim said…

    Oh yes, I remember that any time I had to clean out my room it took me forever.Also because then I would run into old books or magazines andi would start reading them while I should be cleaning out. A mess!
    Through the years I got better at these things. i throw away everything! To the great disaproval of some people sometimes ;)

     
  • At 7:27 AM, May 18, 2005, Blogger The Yankee said…

    Be careful about your thoughts on buying clothes in Italy, the prices are very high.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home