Der Amerikanische Urlauber

Friday, May 13, 2005

Ricevo i miei biglietti...


No middle seat for me! Posted by Hello

Well, I'm still waiting on the itinerary, but I did get one nice surprise today: my plane tickets came in the mail (well, it's an e-ticket so I just got a receipt that looks like a ticket, and an itinerary). I've been waiting for this so I could finally see where I was sitting on my four flights. My biggest fear was being stuck in the dreaded middle seat.

The middle seat's not too bad if you know the other two people on either side of you, but when you don't, you really don't want it.

Fortunately, I got excellent seating. Three of the four legs I sit on the aisle. Newark to Rome I have a window seat, so I get to take pictures out the plane window as we pass over Europe... That was really the only leg of the trip I even wanted a window seat on, since I think sometimes having the aisle is more accomodating anyway.

So that's one big concern down... now I'm just eagerly awaiting the trip itinerary itself.

Well actually, another concern of mine is being stuck behind someone who decides to go to sleep the minute we board and having their seat on my lap for 9 hours... How do you watch the movies when that happens anyway? Nowadays all the airlines have seatback TVs. I guess the answer is... you don't, or you watch the one next to you. That probably won't happen, but I've heard things...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM, May 13, 2005, Blogger KissMyA$$ said…

    Hope u have fun and for ur prob with the seating well umm u can just tell them to scoot their chair back up or if there is a seat next to u open then u can always slide over and there u go have fun!!

     
  • At 7:51 PM, May 13, 2005, Blogger KissMyA$$ said…

    Oh and how did i get to go about learning Hawaiian, well it is really simple my Moms family is from Hawaii and i just decided to pick it up sense it's from my back-ground....
    And ur right somethings r really easy to people and other things r hard to me it is hard cause one thing i am young and i'm getting all these things thrown up at me at once to it's hard to grasp it.... Well i'm off ttyl

     
  • At 11:42 PM, May 14, 2005, Blogger Psi-Lord said…

    I never got to like aisle seats, especially when I'm sitting with someone I don't know… I guess that's because I'm used to sleeping all the time, and when you get the aisle seat and the person beside you wants to walk around or something, he just has to wake you up somehow. =Þ The only time I remember having had a bad experience with a window seat, though, was when there was this old man sitting beside me, and he fell asleep and started to fall on my shoulder, and I had nowhere to go, so I just squeezed myself against the window and hoped he'd wake up or move to the other side… His snoring was the worst part, though. Ouch.

    Since I sleep all the time, I'm probably the person you'd curse for having his seat on your lap for the 9 hours, hehe. =D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home