Der Amerikanische Urlauber

Friday, July 22, 2005

Good to be in DC


Capitol Hill Posted by Picasa

I've made a big decision to intern next summer in Washington, DC. It wasn't a difficult choice at all, because I've been wanting to do this from when I heard about it, however it was all a matter of proper timing. I wouldn't have felt ready to go anytime before I was done with sophomore year. And I can't leave it past next summer, because for Spring 2007 I'm studying abroad in France, and then I have to stay and complete my senior year, which also involves preparation for the LSAT.
Which I'm not quite looking forward to, but it's one of those things you just have to do... and excel at, especially considering where I'd like to go for law school (Columbia or NYU)

So, I'm preparing my application right now, although I'm not quite yet sure as to what area of international affairs I'd like to intern in. I do know I want it to have something to do with European relations. If it could ultilise a language of mine as well that would be great, but we'll see.

So I'll be writing more on this from time to time, because it's extremely exciting for me. I'd be going from May to August, for roughly 10 weeks (a regular semester is 15) And I've always wanted to live in a huge city. Plus this will be a really nice prep for moving away to Paris, since I'd be used to living in a city, fending for myself, etc. but in my own country first before I move on to tackle the French...

I always joke with friends of mine that I could really handle living in any city on earth, just so long as I have a gym nearby. Because other than that I'm extremely flexible. Of course they also all think I'm insane, but that's a compliment to me!

It is really exciting to think about living there, where you have so much happening around you. Tampa is a nice city, but not much really happens here at the moment (though may I add we're getting a Trump Tower, so we'll have a different skyline eventually, and that's relatively exciting because I like tall buildings!)




2 Comments:

  • At 12:32 AM, July 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are simply amazing! Applying for an internship in D.C., traveling/studying abroad and learning foreign languages, going to law school at a well-known university...I am in awe. :)

    Zandria
    http://www.zandria.us

     
  • At 10:36 AM, July 24, 2005, Blogger Syl said…

    How exciting! It's going to be a great experience! I always thought you'd end up in Washington D.C as you're to become one of the next US presidents right? ;-)
    And you're right, it's going to be a first step towards your trip to France, you'll know what it is to be by yourself, even though it is in your own country.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home